Thermoplastic markings in school playgrounds can add colour and interest to a play area Similar to the graphic in wet pour rubber, thermoplastic playground marking can incorporate games, sports or education features to a tarmac surface.
Benefits of thermoplastic markings-
- can be laid in relatively short time (minimising disruption in school)
- bright colours which remain colourful
- adds texture
- high durability
- endless design options
They are made from plastic which is heated to adhere to the playground surface.
The choice of thermoplastic playground markings is almost limitless and can include-
- School logo’s
- Roadways & safety signs
- Maps & compasses
- Sports lines for tennis, hockey, football etc.
- Numbers & Letters
- Traditional Games – Hops scotch, what’s the time Mr wolf, storm the castle
- Anti Bullying Zones – safety areas
- Safety signs and out of bounds areas
Although initially more expensive than paint in the long term thermoplastic playground the cost are less. Paint on playgrounds will fade much quicker and require repaint much sooner than thermoplastic playground markings.
Why use Thermoplastics?
• Environmentally friendly
• 3 Year Guarantee*
• Non Skid
• Fully reflective and complies with BSEN 1436
• Can be used within 30 minutes of application
• Available in 14 standard colours
• Up to 8 times more durable than painted line marking